- Laminating adhesives for the textile industry with ECO passport
- Tested by the Hohenstein Textile Testing Institute GmbH & Co. KG
The product classes and Test criteria for the “Oeko-Tex Standard 100”
The Research Institute Hohenstein has subjected various adhesives by Jowat to an extensive test according to the requirements of the “Eco-Passport“.
Result: The test proves that the adhesives are safe from the human ecology point of view. This makes them suitable for use in textiles and offers users additional security to the processor.
Auxiliaries certified under the Eco-Passport have the following benefits:
- The auxiliary agent applied to the textile is safe from the human
ecology point of view, under the OEKO-Tex® Standard 100
- The textile manufacturer can expect that the product will not cause
problems when it comes to certification under the OEKO-Tex®
Standard 100, if the tests described in the Eco-Passport have been
carried out on the textile during the preliminary stages
- Help in choosing chemicals
- Additional security because testing is carried out by an independent
The Eco-Passport is therefore a tool for selecting a suitable product for the manufacture of a textile which is intended to meet the OEKO-Tex® Standard 100. The label „Confidence in Textiles - Tested for Harmful Substances according to the OEKO-Tex Standard 100“ gives consumers a guarantee that a textile or leather article contains no harmful substances above upper limit values which are laid down as obligatory and considered to be safe, and also guarantees that these limit values are subject to verification by an authorized test lab.
The test criteria of the “Oeko-Tex Standard 100”
- Prohibited MAK amines from special AZO dyes
- other carcinogenic and allergenic dyes
- chlorinated phenols, phthalates, PFOS, PFOA
- chlorinated aromatics
- extractable heavy metals and decomposed heavy metals
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- pH-value, colourfastness, odour
- tin organic compounds
- emissions of volatile components
- separate treatment for biologically active and flame-retardant products
The Institute Hohenstein has tested Jowat® adhesives according to the standards listed, and certified. This certification has been confirmed by the ECO passport.
- Application InformationApplication Information