Bonding is the most efficient assembly method and therefore a global growth market. The Jowat Group as medium-sized, family-owned enterprise is one of the top adhesive manufacturers around the world. Tradition and experience from almost 100 years of corporate development allow us to act as leading company in technologies and innovations, in numerous markets and application areas.
Jowat Corporation has an immediate opening for Maintenance Electrician Technician on night shifts (Non-rotating 12-hr shifts, 7pm-7am).
- Starting pay ranges from $20.00 - $27.00 depending on experience. (5% shift differential for night shift)
- Monthly Safety Bonus
- Potential up to 2 weeks of pay from profit sharing bonus.
- Pro-rated 2 weeks of vacation based upon start date.
Applicant should be an improvement-oriented self-starter, capable and willing to work on any equipment issue. 12 hour shifts are typical.
Applicant must have the ability to work individually as well as part of a team to perform activities including inspections, preventive, predictive and functional maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines, equipment and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform troubleshooting activities on manufacturing machinery and plant control systems.
- Perform electrical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic repair to automated equipment.
- Applies knowledge of functional operation of electrical units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunctions and make repairs.
- Understands PLCs and ladder logic.
- Performs inspection, preventative, predictive and functional maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of production machines, equipment and facilities.
- Assist in installation and set-up of equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Two-year technical degree or completion of accredited apprenticeship program and/or the equivalent in experience in a related technical field preferred.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience with manufacturing equipment.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Initiative and ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and follow-through on responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical techniques used in repair of machinery.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic and electrical controls and systems.
- Mechanical aptitude and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Use of a variety of hand and shop tools, precision measuring instruments, and electrical meter.
Send resume or application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The application form is in the careers tab under job openings.