For many years, the solids content in solvent-based foam bonding adhesives has constantly increased. The adhesive systems from the Jowatac® Super-HighSolid product group with high solids contents of >70 % provide substantial benefits.
Products from this series are based largely on renewable natural resources and provide a major contribution to environmental protection and workplace safety as well as an excellent price-performance ratio.
Depending on the country and the region, solvents have been subject to ever stricter regulations. A significant reduction in solvent contents can help meet environmental requirements or facilitate an expansion of production outputs. Therefore, Jowat has developed an adhesive to crown the Jowatac® Super-HighSolid series. Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 477.74 impresses with a solids content of 77 % coupled with medium viscosity. At the same time, bonding characteristics, e.g. initial and final strength, and heat resistance, are comparable to the other products in the Jowatac® Super-HighSolid range.
Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 477.74 is used for the assembly of upholstery furniture and mattresses with one- or two-sided application.
Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 477.74 fulfils the requirements for modern assembly operations of upholstery furniture:
- Good adhesion to all standard upholstery materials (except synthetic leather)
- High bonding aggressiveness
- High initial strength, therefore suitable for high-tension bondings
- One- and two-sided application possible
- Reduced VOC emissions by up to 75 % compared to conventional products
- Good heat resistance and durability
- Minimal adhesive costs per element
- Reduced fire hazard if processed properly