The special characteristics of reactive Polyurethane hot melt adhesives (PUR) provide major benefits in many applications, including the manufacturing of foam mattresses. In general, conventional PUR hot melt adhesives contain an excess of free monomer isocyanate (usually 4-4’-Methylene diphenyl diisocyanate – in short “MDI”) of approx. 2 %. Since 2012, products with an isocyanate content of 0.1 % or higher must be labelled with the GHS pictogram no. 8 (health hazard) and the relevant safety information (H and P statements).
Adhesives with an MDI content of less than 0.1 % are not subject to that labelling requirement. Jowatherm Reaktant® 609.94 falls below that threshold and can therefore be used for bonding all usual materials, especially those that are difficult to bond.
PUR hot melt adhesives facilitate superior bonds and long-term resistances. The bondlines are permanently soft and satisfy highest expectations for quality and comfort.
Requirements according to IKEA, Oeko-Tex100, LGA and Blue Angel are met. In general, the adhesive can be applied on one or both surfaces, by roller or by spraying.
If allowed by the process and the mattress structure, adhesive consumption can be reduced considerably and the bonding quality can be improved further with a two-sided application.
The high initial strength makes it easier to handle the mattress after joining and pressing and facilitates a smooth subsequent inline wrapping and packaging process. This can lower costs, substantially reduce buffer storages, and minimise in-house logistics. Coupled with a higher process reliability, these benefits are decisive factors for the use of PUR hot melt adhesives in foam mattress assembly.
Characteristics of Jowatherm-Reaktant® 609.94 for assembling foam mattresses:
- Reduced costs due to higher adhesive yield
- High initial strength – easy handling of the mattresses
- Facilitates the correction and repositioning of the foam layers
- Short pressing time
- 100 % solids content
- No introduction of water into the mattress, immediate packaging
- Shorter storage times before roll packaging
- Safe storage and transport
Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR 609.94 is an adhesive for the application by roller or by spraying, for assembling foam mattress and laminating foam materials.
✓ No GHS labelling necessary*
✓ No P and H statements necessary*
(*according to EU regulation 1272/2008 and EU directive 2008/58/EC)
Our product in use
Further products in the field of „Reactive hot melt adhesives”
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® PUR Granulate
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 603.80
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 604.25 & Jowat® Primer 406.84
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 607.40
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR 607.90
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 608.00
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR 608.90
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR 609.93
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 613.18
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 639.20
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® 642.00/08
- Jowatherm-Reaktant® MR 642.90