For many years, the solids content in solvent-based foam bonding adhesives has constantly increased. The adhesive systems from the Jowatac® Super-HighSolid product group with high solids contents of >70 % provide substantial benefits.
Products from this series are based largely on renewable natural resources and provide a major input into environmental protection and workplace safety as well as an excellent price-performance ratio.
Following many decades of experience with foam bonding adhesives, Jowat has developed Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 476.74.
The very high solids content of approx. 74 % and a relatively low viscosity at the same time are a novelty.
The bonding characteristics, such as initial and final strength, and heat resistance are on a par with conventional foam bonding adhesives or even better.
Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 476.74 is used for the assembly of upholstery furniture and mattresses with on- or two-sided application.
Jowatac® Super-HighSolid 476.74 fulfils the requirements for modern assembly operations of upholstery furniture:
- Excellent adhesion to all standard upholstery materials (except synthetic leather)
- Very high bonding aggressiveness
- High initial strength, therefore suitable for high tension bondings
- One- and two-sided application possible
- Reduced VOC emissions by up to 60 % compared to conventional products
- Good heat resistance and durability
- Very good spraying properties
- Minimal adhesive costs per element
- Reduced fire hazard if processed properly